Are you looking for a new challenge? Are you looking for a career within the NHS but have no medical background? Are you looking for full time or part time hours with numerous rota patterns to choose from?
Due to the award of new contracts we are seeking professional, enthusiastic, well-motivated individuals with a passion for caring and the ability to build a rapport with people over the telephone.
At DHU we offer a professional working environment where you can expect continuous support to progress in to a number of roles within the NHS 111 service, giving you long term job security and the opportunity for advancement. You can also enjoy the benefits of loyalty pay progression following 1 year and 2 years’ service post training.
Health Advisors will be required to:
- Demonstrate previous experience in a care, customer service or call centre environment
- Possess excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Work 6 out of 8 bank holidays (shift dependent)
- Work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Learn new skills and demonstrate a caring, professional attitude at all times
We can offer full or part-time hours:
15 hours per week minimum
37.5 hours per week maximum
A variety of hours & shift patterns are available including days, weekends, evenings, overnights, 4on4 off, 3 out of 4 weekends.
If successful, you must be available full time for 7 weeks to complete the required training at Derby or Chesterfield. Training is paid at £9.50 per hour.
Salary: Potential earnings of £22,035
- £10.00 p/h – basic rate (after 6 weeks)
- £11.30 p/h – enhanced rate weekday evenings/overnights
- £12.50 p/h – enhanced rate weekends (from Friday 6pm to Monday 8am)
Find out more
As a Health Advisor for our NHS 111 Service, you will be answering telephone calls from members of the public and health care professionals. Using the NHS Pathways software, you will provide the appropriate response based on the patient’s symptoms/needs. This could be to escalate the patient calls to a Clinical Advisor, dispatch an ambulance in the case of an emergency, book an appointment, or refer onto, or provide, information about other available services.
DHU Health Care offers a number of benefits including:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Westfield Health Scheme
- Advantage of registration with NHS discounts
- Being part of a supportive & innovative team with scope for progression