We’re looking for people like you to be the one in 111
You don’t need a medical background to be part of the NHS frontline.
As one of our valued Health Advisors (call handlers) what you need most is a compassionate and caring nature and a warm friendly telephone manner.
As part of our NHS111 service you’ll be expertly trained to get people the help they need when they’re ill and offer support, advice and reassurance.
You’ll be there when it matters most, in a challenging, rewarding role that makes a real difference to patients, families and local communities.
Come and join our DHU family
We’ve been awarded new contracts, so we have lots of openings across the East and West Midlands.
If you have a passion for caring, a great communication style and skills from your previous experience of care, customer services or call centres you’re just what we’re looking for.
In return we provide:
- Seven weeks paid comprehensive training (based at Chesterfield, Derby or Oldbury in the West Midlands) to help you qualify as an NHS Pathways trained advisor
- Potential starter earnings of over £22,000 a year after qualifying
- A welcome award - 10% of basic salary paid out over your first year (currently applies to March 31 2023)
- A progressive incremental pay scale and career development into other NHS111 roles
- Pay enhancements with additional hourly shift and weekend allowances and overtime
- Full and part-time opportunities
- Evening, weekend and overnight options, or the flexibility of a ‘four days on, four days off’ rota
- Supportive coaching and access to a range of health and wellbeing services to talk through challenging calls
- A host of other benefits including parking, complementary tea and coffee, access to the NHS pension, a free Westfield Health insurance package and more (insert a link to our benefits page)
Find out more
As a Health Advisor for our NHS 111 Service, you will be answering telephone calls from members of the public and health care professionals.
Using the NHS Pathways software, you will provide the appropriate response based on the patient’s symptoms/needs.
This could be to escalate the patient calls to a Clinical Advisor, dispatch an ambulance in the case of an emergency, book an appointment, or refer onto, or provide, information about other available services.
DHU Health Care offers a number of benefits including:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Westfield Health Scheme
- Advantage of registration with NHS discounts
- Being part of a supportive & innovative team with scope for progression