We’re looking for people like you to be the one in 111
You don’t need a medical background to be part of the NHS frontline.
As one of our valued Health Advisors (call handlers) what you need most is a compassionate and caring nature and a warm friendly telephone manner.
As part of our NHS111 service you’ll be expertly trained to get people the help they need when they’re ill and offer support, advice and reassurance.
You’ll be there when it matters most, in a challenging, rewarding role that makes a real difference to patients, families and local communities.
Come and join our DHU family
We’ve been awarded new contracts, so we have lots of openings across the East and West Midlands.
If you have a passion for caring, a great communication style and skills from your previous experience of care, customer services or call centres you’re just what we’re looking for.
In return we provide:
- 6 weeks paid comprehensive training to help you qualify as an NHS Pathways trained advisor.
- Pay enhancements with additional hourly shift and weekend allowances and overtime.
- Evenings: 30% enhancement and Weekends: 45% enhancement
- Evening, weekend and overnight options, or the flexibility of a “4 days on, 4 days off” rota.
- Company pension.
- NHS pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Private medical insurance.
- Referral programme.
- Opportunities to develop in your professional career.
Find out more
As a Health Advisor for our NHS 111 Service, you will be answering telephone calls from members of the public and health care professionals.
Using the NHS Pathways software, you will provide the appropriate response based on the patient’s symptoms/needs.
This could be to escalate the patient calls to a Clinical Advisor, dispatch an ambulance in the case of an emergency, book an appointment, or refer onto, or provide, information about other available services.
DHU Healthcare offers a number of benefits including:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Westfield Health Scheme
- Advantage of registration with NHS discounts
- Being part of a supportive & innovative team with scope for progression