An apprenticeship at DHU is a great opportunity to start a career with one of the region’s best health care providers.
Working with Learning Unlimited we provide a positive and stable environment for you during the apprenticeship with on-the-job training to ensure you become a valued part of the workforce from day one.
"DHU is proud to support the Apprenticeships Scheme and we value the contribution our apprentices make within DHU. It’s great to see our new colleagues flourish and thrive within the workplace, growing in confidence as well as gaining new skills and experiences. Our apprentice programme within DHU has been very successful and the learning that DHU has taken from the Apprentices’ has helped shape organisational policy and procedure."
Apprentices work towards nationally recognised apprenticeships while earning a wage and gaining industry experience at the same time.
Apprenticeships are designed by employers and equip apprentices with the relevant knowledge and skills to prepare them for a successful career in their chosen area of work. They also gain valuable work experience and learn transferable skills that set them up for the future.
With the option to study qualifications from Level 2 through to degree level, it has become a great alternative to university.
To become an apprentice, you must:
- Be 18 or over
- Not already be in full-time education
- Live in England.
You can start an apprenticeship whether you’re starting your career, want a change or you're upskilling in your current job. You can have a previous qualification like a degree and still start an apprenticeship.
If you don’t live in England, check out apprenticeship options in Scotland, Wales, or Northern Ireland.
As an apprentice you’ll:
- Learn and train for a specific job
- Get paid and receive holiday leave
- Get hands-on experience in a real job
- Study for at least 20% of your working hours - usually at a college, university or with a training provider
- Complete assessments during and at the end of your apprenticeship
- Be on a career path with lots of future potential
As an apprentice, you’ll get:
- Paid and be entitled to the National Minimum Wage
- Time for training or study as part of your apprenticeship
- Holiday pay and other employee rights.
If you are interested in joining one of our apprenticeships, please forward your name and contact details to DHU.HumanResources@DHUHealthCare.nhs.uk and we will get back to you should any opportunities arise.