This accessibility statement applies to dhuhealthcare.com and is run by DHU Healthcare.
We have developed our website with Frank Design - our appointed digital agency partner and a specialist in NHS builds. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- You cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- Some PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- Some videos do not have captions
Our website features the ReachDeck Toolbar to help you read our site.
If you struggle with reading, have a visual impairment, or prefer to read in your own language, the ReachDeck Toolbar can help.
Try it out for yourself
Click on the orange circular button on the top right of all our website pages. This will launch the ReachDeck Toolbar.
How does the ReachDeck Toolbar help?
The ReachDeck Toolbar will help you to read and translate the content on our website. Its features include:
- Text-to-speech: click on or select any text to hear it read aloud
- Translation: translate content into over 100 languages
- Text magnification: enlarge text and hear it read out loud
- MP3 generation: convert selected text into an MP3 audio file
- Screen mask: reduce glare with a tinted mask
- Web page simplifier: remove clutter from the screen. Display only the main text
- Picture dictionary: displays pictures related to text selected on the page
Head over to Texthelp’s dedicated Support Site to find lots of useful articles on ReachDeck.
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille please direct your request to the page owner or for advice email:
You can also write to:
The Patient Experience team
We aim to respond within five working days.
We’re always looking to improve website accessibility. If you discover any issues, or have concerns that we are not meeting your accessibility needs please contact us using the details above.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your concerns, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
DHU Healthcare is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018. This statement was prepared April 2022. It reflects the compliance status of the site following accessibility tests carried out by Frank Design throughout the preceding design and development process.
is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
The website was last tested on the 25th April 2022
PDFs and other documents
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.