As part of our regular series to introduce you to the incredible individuals working within DHU Health Care, we’re going to be highlighting team members stories and asking them what it takes to keep you safe and healthy each and every day of the year.
We’ll be exploring people’s roles and responsibilities, learning about their teams and giving you a real insight into what it’s like to work in the challenging world of healthcare.
Next up in our ‘What Do You Do’ series, we talk to Annabelle Martin, the PA to our Director of Nursing & Quality Jenny Tilson, who tells us a about her role at DHU…
Annabelle Martin – Personal Assistant
What is your job title?
PA to Director of Nursing & Quality
How long have you worked for the company?
Started November 2017 (4 years 3 months)
Previous roles/background working for DHU?
I started at DHU as an apprentice.
Can you give an overview of the duties, functions and responsibilities of your job?
My main duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Preparing correspondence and documentation, including initiating and replying to correspondence and creating efficient systems for storing and retrieving information
• Acting as the main point of contact for the Executive Director and Deputy including filtering all communications on meeting requests, assessing priority and escalating where appropriate
• Producing and/or coordination reports, documents and correspondence as required by the Executive Director of Nursing & Quality
• Act as editor of documents/procedures/processes/terms of references in development. Receiving comments, tracking changes, providing version control and supplying some sections
• Planning and organising a range of meetings as directed (weekly, bi-monthly, monthly and quarterly) over a 12-month cycle. This includes compiling the agendas and relevant paperwork and circulation of the papers, taking formal minutes, the circulation of minutes, following up actions and undertaking tasks as delegated by these groups
• Monitor and record senior management sickness, annual leave and attendance for direct reports to the Executive Director of Nursing & Quality
What is a typical day like?
Currently, I spend the majority of time working from home where I prepare for, attend and take minutes at meetings via Microsoft Teams, prepare reports and work on updating various documents for risk monitoring, recruitment and more!
What do you like the most about working for DHU?
Working alongside wonderful and supportive colleagues.
Proudest moment in your career working for DHU?
Completing my apprenticeship and receiving my Level 4 NVQ qualification.
Fun/interesting fact about you?
I love to read. Last year I read 75 books.
If you were to give anyone any advice what would it be?
Apprenticeships are a great way to start off your career, gain valuable experience and get a qualification all rolled into one!
Thanks to Annabelle for sharing her story and keep your eyes peeled for DHU’s next #WhatDoYouDo.