DHU exists to provide caring, high quality, safe and effective healthcare to our patients and the communities we serve.
DHU will engage our staff and improve our service in order to become the provider of choice to commissioners.
At DHU we CARE for you.
- In a deep desire to help our patients and our colleagues.
- In going out of our way to help others in a less fortunate position.
- In putting the Patients interests first.
- In being truly compassionate and genuinely understand, feel and identify with the needs of our patients and colleagues.
- We will actively listen to understand and empathise with others’ distress, suffering, misfortune and individuals realities, with a desire to alleviate it by to support both patients and colleagues.
- We will always ask the question of ourselves ‘Would it be good enough for one of my family members’?
Caring & Compassion – Putting patients interests at the heart of everything we do
- In delivering an efficient and effective service for the patient at the right time at the right place.
- In public and patient involvement in the development of our Get Things ‘Right First Time’ services.
- We will be accountable for consistently delivering high quality healthcare for our patients.
Always Professional – Demonstrate excellence in everything we do
- In maintaining and respecting patient’s dignity to ensure it is never compromised.
- That treating people as individuals, whatever their differences or values and ensuring that their particular needs are met.
- We will actively listen to each other and our patients to answer their concerns or questions.
- We will maintain and respect patients dignity and must ensure it is never compromised.
Respect and Dignity – Everyone has the right to respect and dignity
- To achieve the full potential of the organisation we will develop skills and talents for the mutual benefits of patients and staff members.
- In providing a stable and positive working environment for all.
- We will actively encourage feedback from both patients and colleagues to continually improve our service.
- Ensure everyone has an opportunity to have their voice heard.
- To ensure everyone has an opportunity to further develop their skills and competencies.